Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rapture to Heaven: Triplets of Eternity



A new beginning awaiting all believers is the Rapture, when instantaneously the trumpet shall sound, the dead in Christ shall be raised in glorified bodies, and living believers shall be changed into glorified bodies (1 Corinthians 15:52). The sound heralding this miraculous transformation is described as the shout of the Lord, the voice of the archangel, and the trump of God (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

The Rapture will occur at the same instant all around the world, creating pandemonium on earth for those left behind as many pilots, drivers, surgeons and other believers suddenly disappear in the midst of what they are doing. Some will vanish at night while sleeping, others at sunrise or sunset while preparing breakfast or supper, and still others in the middle of the day, while working in the fields (Luke 17:34-36).

Yet all this occurs at the same moment in time, authenticating the Spirit-breathed nature of Scripture, as this was written nearly 1500 years before Columbus showed that the earth is a globe!

Those believers still living at the Rapture will be caught up (Raptured) in the clouds with those believers who died before, will meet the Lord in the air, and will forever be with the Lord in their glorified state (1 Thessalonians 4:17). Once the Rapture occurs, believers will take part in three events: the Judgment Seat of Christ, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and the Second Coming of Christ.

At the Judgment Seat of Christ, believers will be rewarded for the work God does through us in our earthly life, for we are coworkers with God: we are God's husbandry, meaning that He raises and trains us; and we are God's building (1 Corinthians 3:8-9),. But because God is a Gentleman, He does not force His will on any of us, and we must yield to His direction through the Holy Spirit before His perfect will can be done in our lives.

The perfect Foundation of each believer’s life is Christ Himself, but how we build our lives on that foundation is up to us (1 Corinthians 3:10-11). Work done for our own glory, to satisfy our own lusts, or even done for the church but with the wrong motives will burn up like wood, hay, and stubble, consumed by the fiery judgment. But good works done to God’s glory, to further His Kingdom, and motivated by love for Him will be purified in the refiner’s fire and remain as a reward, like gold, silver, and precious stones (1 Corinthians 3:12-15).

Overcome by gratitude for His love, holiness and sacrifice for us, we will cast these crowns at the feet of Jesus. He alone is worthy to be crowned and to receive glory, honor and power (Revelation 4 9-11).

Announcing the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will be a powerful pronouncement as the voice of a great multitude, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, Those present are commanded to be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Christ the Lamb, Who will marry His bride, the Church, in the presence of the blessed guests (Revelation 19 6-9). This last group includes the angels; the Old Testament saints who are in Heaven because of their faith in God; and the Tribulation saints, who were saved after the Rapture and martyred for refusing to take the mark of the beast.
      
The Tribulation saints will no longer hunger, thirst, or suffer from the scorching sun, for the Lamb will feed them and lead them to living fountains of waters, and God will wipe away all their tears (Revelation 7 16-17)..   

After the Marriage Supper, believers will have the awesome privilege of accompanying Christ as His armies when He returns in His Second Coming for the battle of Armageddon. We are described as riding white horses, clothed in fine linen, and white and clean (Revelation 19:14).

In Heaven we will have new bodies, a new address, and a new name (Revelation 2:17). Our glorified, eternal, perfect bodies will be like that of the resurrected Christ (Philippians 3:21), and we will never die, age, or become ill. Instead of pain, sorrow, and tears, we will experience vitality, joy, and a new song. (Isaiah 35:10; Revelation 5:9; 21:4).

Our new home will be in our own mansion, (John 14:2), in the New Jerusalem, in the new heaven and new earth (Revelation 21:1-2). The length, breadth and height of the New Jerusalem will be equal, each 12,000 furlongs, most likely a pyramidal shape. There will be three gates each on the east, north, south and west walls of the city, or twelve gates in total, each made of a single pearl. Each wall will be guarded by three angels and will bear the names of three of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Similarly, there will be twelve foundations of precious stones, inscribed with the names of the twelve apostles (Revelation 21:12-21)., and the tree of life planted by the river of water of life will bear twelve kinds of fruit (Revelation 22:1-2).

Praise God that when we finally behold Him in glory, we will have unimaginable joy, for Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Corinthians 2:9).

It is my earnest prayer that everyone reading this post will go to Heaven, and that all of us will join in that mighty chorus of Holy, Holy, Holy (Revelation 4:8), worshipping the Trinity of God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit throughout eternity.

May anyone who does not yet know Christ confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior (Romans 3:23), turn from their sins, and call on His Name to be saved!  (Psalm 116:13,17; Acts 2:21) Anyone who does this, placing their faith (Acts 16:31) in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) as the only way to the Father (John 14:6), can be sure of abundant, eternal life in Heaven! (John 3:16; 10:10)

No man knows the day or the hour, but current events and the signs of the End Times (Matthew 24) suggest that the days remaining are precious few. May we look up, eagerly awaiting the new beginning of the Rapture to usher us into eternity! It could be this year, this month, or even this very day! May we be ready by knowing Christ as our Lord and Savior, keeping His commandments, and serving Him


© 2013 Laurie Collett
children's ministry blogs
Bible
Top 1000
Adorned From Above
No Ordinary Blog Hop

 

45 comments:

mail4rosey said...

The earnest power you have at the end is one that I share with you. :) Thank you for the post.

Nadwrażliwiec said...

I must more study the topic of Rapture. Thank You Laurie. You have award on my blog :) Greetings and a lot of blessings to You!

Denise said...

Appreciate this post.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, mail4rosey -- may we be ready for His swift return!
God bless,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Thank you so much, Zim, for the Versatile Blogger Award! As is the tradition for this award, here are 7 random facts about myself:
1. My favorite praise hymn is "I'll Fly Away."
2. As a child, I had 3 golden retrievers as pets: daughter, mother and grandmother.
3. Despite many people trying to teach me, I never learned how to dive into the water head first.
4. Chocolate is one of the basic food groups in my diet.
5. I hate lima beans.
6. I have 2 small engravings over my desk, one with Proverbs 3:5 and the other with Proverbs 3:6.
7. When our new church auditorium was being built, I wrote Phil. 4:13 and Matt. 19:26 on the cement floor with a magic marker before the carpet was installed.

Now moving on to the 15 blogs I am nominating for this award:
A Sheltering Tree
Frank's Christian Thoughts
Judy H-J's Thoughts
Leaving a Legacy
mail4rosey
Raising Mighty Arrows
Sandra Heska King
Shortybear's Place
Sincerely, Paula
Soli Deo Gloria
What Joy Is Mine
Whole Hearted Home
Spiritual Blessings
The Beauty in His Grip
The Wellspring

Congratulations to Zim and to all of you who so faithfully, teach, uplift and inspire through your blogs! The Versatile Blogger Award button for your blog is above. Well done and God bless!
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks, Denise! God bless!
laurie

Denise said...

Thanks so much for the award, I appreciate your kindness.

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Laurie,
Another very inspiring blog about the Rapture. Oddly enough, there aren't many in my church who believe in the Rapture, let alone waiting for it! But I'm glad that I can read your blogs which support it. Thank you for sharing.

And thank you for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award. I will submit my favourite blogs and things about me within a couple of days. Watch the comment forum on my blog page.
God bless,
Frank.

Unknown said...

What a Day that will BE !!

Unknown said...

I look forward to that day Laurie! A great day it will be! Thanks for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I have received this award before but I am honoured that you consider me worthy of it. Take care and God Bless.

Laurie Collett said...

You're very welcome!
Have a blessed week in Him,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks, Frank, for your words of support & encouragement. I can't imagine being saved and yet not eagerly looking up for the Rapture!
You're very welcome for the award, & I'll head back to your blog in a few days.
God bless,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Robert! Can't wait!
Blessings to you,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Judy -- keep looking up! You're very welcome!
God bless you too,
Laurie

mail4rosey said...

'prayer' I meant to say prayer. LOL But I think you know what I meant. :)

Thank you for the nomination for the VB Award, I love that you thought of me!!! You are very sweet, and congrats to you on the award too. :)

Paula said...

Hi Laurie! Congrats to you on getting the Versatile Blogger Award, and thanks for passing one of them onto me! Unfortunately I have no additional time to participate in what needs to be done, but I'm so happy you thought of me :)

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks for the reminder -- my computer died out before I could do that, but now it's done! I'd love for you to follow back!
Thanks & God bless!
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks, Paula! I empathize with the time issue!
God bless,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

The power of the Holy Spirit motivates our prayers! So either is fine with me!

You're very welcome on the VB Award, and very well-deserving!

God bless,
Laurie

betty-NZ said...

Lovely window painting. I used to believe in the 'rapture' as you describe, but I have found that it is not Biblical.

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks for your comment, bettyl. The word "Rapture" is not in the Bible, but neither is the word "Trinity." Yet there is considerable evidence for both. For the Rapture, 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15 are the key passages. Here are links to other posts I wrote about the Rapture:
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2011/06/god-will-spare-us-from-coming-wrath.html
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2011/07/dont-be-fooled-dont-betroubled.html
Thanks again, & God bless!
LaurieThanks for your comment, bettyl. The word "Rapture" is not in the Bible, but neither is the word "Trinity." Yet there is considerable evidence for both. For the Rapture, 1 Thessalonians 4 and 1 Corinthians 15 are the key passages. Here are links to other posts I wrote about the Rapture:
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2011/06/god-will-spare-us-from-coming-wrath.html
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/2011/07/dont-be-fooled-dont-betroubled.html
Thanks again, & God bless!
Laurie

Lori @ EncourageYourSpouse.com said...

May Christ return for us soon - there's nothing here that holds us. My husband and I often talk about the verse from Luke 18:8 "However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Lori! Cone quickly, Lord Jesus! There has always been a faithful remnant, but that will indeed be small when Christ returns, as the Church will have been Raptured, and most of those saved during the Tribulation will have been martyred. But there will be some believers remaining, and they will populate the Millennial Kingdom. Thanks so much for your comment, & God bless,
Laurie

Donald Fishgrab said...

One reason so many no longer believe in the rapture is the false teachings about it such as the numerous declarations as to it happening on a certain day, rather than at a time when no one expects it. Praise God, he doesn't change his plans whether we believe it or not.

Laurie Collett said...

Very true, Donald -- that is one of the many sad things about false teachers, because by definition they can lead people away from the truth. Also very true that whether or not we believe God's Word on a specific topic is irrelevant to its actual truth.
Keep looking up!
Laurie

Ms. Kathleen said...

I remember years ago reading about the rapture and when I asked someone about it they said, "Well, I figure when I die I'll be raptured up so I'm not worried about it". I guess I've had similar thought ever since but I do pray that if it does happen in my life time that I'm ready and that my family is ready. Bless You!
http://thejoyfulservant.com

Esther Joy said...

In our Sunday School class we've been having discussions about when the rapture will take place with varying answers. My husband wisely calmed the discussion when he stated that he believed in the "Work out theory". What's that? Everyone wanted to know. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, and it will all "work out" whenever it is!

Naomi said...

Laurie...thank you for the award nomination. I'm moved and touched and I know you a little better as well. Chocolate is a definite for me, too, on occasion. Gotta exercise control. Tee hee. And I love the hymn, "I'll Fly Away." Thank you again for the nomination friend.

Laura said...

I just love the way your posts are thick with the Word. Good thoughts, Laurie.

Janis Cox said...

Carried away.. almost feels like on eagle wings doesn't it? In the meantime we are in joy with Him, trusting and believing in the power of the Spirit.
Blessings,
Janis www.janiscox.com

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Ms. Kathleen,
If we're saved by our faith in His death, burial and resurrection as the only way to Heaven, we will meet Him in the air, either rising up from our graves if we've already passed when the Rapture occurs, or translated into the air if we're still living. In either case, we'll be in glorified bodies. So if we're saved, the Rapture is nothing to worry about -- just to look forward to in great anticipation! But those who are not born again need to get right with Him, because the Rapture could happen at any moment, and the unsaved will be left behind. Thanks for your thought-provoking comment & God bless!
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Esther Joy,
Your husband is wise indeed, for no man knows the day or the hour. But we do know that it could happen anytime, that it will happen in His perfect timing, and that it's one day closer today than it was yesterday!
Thanks for your great comment & God bless!
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks so much, Laura! I really appreciate your encouragement.
Have a blessed weekend!
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Janis! May we carry on with joy, faith and Spirit until we are carried away!
Blessings to you,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

You're very welcome, Naomi! Sounds like we have a few things in common other than blogging! It is a blessing to get to know you better through your sweet writing and comments. God bless you.

Corinne said...

We have the same last name, I wonder if we are relate somewhere along the line, ha!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Katherines Corner said...

every week I look forward to my visits. Another lovely post God Bless. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

Laurie Collett said...

That's interesting, Corinne! Collett is my husband's name, & he does have some English ancestry!
Thanks for your visit & comment, & God bless!
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks so much, Katherine, for your kind encouragement -- you are such a blessing!
May you have a lovely week in Him!
Laurie

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your insight! God's blessings!

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks, Janene, for your visit & kind comment!
God bless,
Laurie

Julie said...

Hi Laurie,

I really enjoyed this post. That will be a blessed day, indeed. I really appreciate that you are so faithful to link up to What I Learned This Week. I would only ask that when linking in the future, please link back to my blog somewhere within your post. www.frominmatestoplaydates.com

Thanks so much!

Judith said...

Thank you Laurie for such an in depth teaching on the Rapture...when I was a teenager, people sang about it, it was preached, and I literally looked out our bedroom lined with windows the whole length of the room to watch the sky for Jesus to return. I was awed to think of being raptured...but people have 'cooled' and don't talk about being raptured, it is rarely sung about, and not preached often. Jesus IS coming soon!! We do need to watch and live ready for His return and not be caught living anything but a holy life in Christ.

Thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award. That was sure sweet of you!! I love chocolate too or making some fudge when there isn't any. We had three golden retrievers over a twenty year period. I miss them!! I love diving into water head first (though I haven't in years) and was sitting at the side of the pool by 3 years old, diving off the spring board by 5, and off the high dive by 8 years old. I don't like jumping in feet first...the water goes up my nose!!

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for your kind comment & for hosting. Because I write only 1 blog post per week, and because I link up with quite a few blog hops over the course of the week, I'm afraid it would be really difficult to put a link to each within each post. But I do have a page (see "Often Linked at These Blog Hops" on the sidebar), where I have a link to each of these, including What I Learned This Week (under Wednesday). Hope this is OK -- please let me know.
Thanks again & God bless,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Judith,
You're very welcome on both counts! I can't understand why even some professing Christians don't get excited about the Rapture any more, when that is truly our blessed hope. Amen -- He is coming soon -- may we be ready!

That's funny that we both had 3 golden retrievers! Ours were definitely part of the family and sorely missed.

God bless,
Laurie